The simplest signs of digestive problems in dogs are vomiting and diarrhea/constipation.There are many different types of digestive disorders so your vet may carry out tests to determine the exact cause of your dog’s problem. Causes can range from eating something other than dog food to food allergies and in tolerances, infections, or lack of digestive enzymes.
Types of Digestive Problems in Dogs
1. Inflammatory Gastritis & Inflammatory Bowel Disease
Dog digestive problems caused by inflammatory gastritis and inflammatory bowel disease can have various type of symptoms, due to an overactive immune response in the lining of the stomach or digestive tract. While stress and dietary factors may play a role in inflammatory bowel disease, there are no known specific causes in the majority of cases.
2. Intestinal parasites
Stress, overcrowding, and poor diets are the most common factors involved with parasite overgrowth in dogs. Adult dogs on broad-spectrum monthly heartworm preventative medications have much less of a problem with many of these intestinal parasites.
3. Food Allergies and SensitivitiesOne of the most common causes of digestive problems in dogs is inappropriate food sources, such as rich table food, cat food, garbage, and indigestible items from around the home and yard. Usually, these dogs will have acute vomiting and/or diarrhea with a loss of appetite. Treatment will vary, depending on the diagnosed cause, but for a simple digestive upset, dog owners may use oral-activated charcoal (a drug used for emergency treatment of poisoning) to help find toxins and prevent absorption.
- Soothes inflammation in the stomach and digestive tract
- Stimulates healthy digestion and assimilation of nutrients
- Promotes a normal appetite and digestive regularity
- Addresses sluggish, weak or feeble digestion
- Encourages healing of inflamed or damaged tissue
- Relieves nausea, gas, bloating and other symptoms of indigestion
Treatment for Digestive Issues in Pets
There are many different treatment methods you can choose for digestive issues in pets. We highly recommend using a supplement such as our Good Digestion Formula which provides all natural herbs and minerals that are needs to ease symptoms and prevent issues in the future as well.
"My Dog had the worst gas prior to using this supplement. My husband can longer blame the dog."** - Jennifer, Boca Raton, FL
Want to learn more about PranaPets.com Good Digestion Formula Remedy? Download our free formula fact sheet now. And don’t forget to use the coupon code and save 15% on your first order with us: PRANA15Click here to download the Fact Sheet