How Can I Help Travel Stress In My Cat?
As humans, we often get stressed out by our daily routine and when we finally decide it is time to take a break or travel around we often find it hard to leave our beloved cats behind and want to take them with us on our travels.
However, this can often be extremely stressful for our cats, as they are crammed into loud, noisy, clunky places. Imagine being confined into a crate then placed on an airplane away from your best friend and shakily flown halfway across the country for us this is not usually how we imagine flying but for cats, this is their reality.
Even if you decide to take a long road trip with your cat this can often be extremely stressful for them as this is a new place, and gives foreign feeling to them that they cannot understand. Luckily there are steps you can take to help your cat feel safe, and happy on your travels or even a trip to the vet.
Stress Minimizing Tactics While Travelling With Your Cat
You may find it very hard to remain calm during and after a travel experience, especially when you know your cat is having a very hard time being lugged around in a foreign environment they have never seen before. However, it is a very crucial step in helping your cat feel safe and relaxed when traveling to new or foreign places.
- Cats are extremely sensitive to our energy. With this said, remaining calm will help them to feel more at ease once they come to consciousness. Try to hold them and cuddle them, but not in a forceful way.
- Avoid moving frantically, making loud noises or yelling, your cat will pick up on this energy and can see it as a threat. Your pet is extremely vulnerable to loud sounds when they are traveling. A quiet and peaceful environment is best.
As a cat owner, you will obviously try to provide a safe and relaxed environment for your cat. Sometimes even though your best efforts this may not always be enough, and you may see your cat is still struggling to stay relaxed.
This is where CBD and its calming stress-relieving benefits come into play. CBD is a must for travel as it is soo easily administered to your cat while on the go, or even at home.
You no longer have to try and get your cat to swallow large harsh synthetic pills such as hydroxyzine leaving a bad taste and uncomfortable experience which can even push your cat away from you. CBD oil can be both easily added to your cats drinking water, or simply dropped on top of their meals or treats.
CBD Travel Benefits For Travel Trips, And Vet Visits
When you start to get your cat ready for the vet, or a trip, in general, you may see your cat begin to shake, hide, stress meow or just generally anxious during the beginning or during a trip out this is a good time to administer CBD oil to help your cat relax. CBD oil is safe and effective for treating symptoms of anxiety in cats and can help you find the right blend to keep your pet calm and happy during their travel experiences.
Many cat owners find that using CBD for vet trips is extremely helpful making checking up on them a much easier less stressful experience, however, using CBD for flights or long trips is very beneficial for their well being.
For many pet parents, the idea of giving their furry loved one a product that was derived from the cannabis plant might seem a bit outlandish and even dangerous. Even though CBD has been proven to help reduce stress, and help calm down those who take it.
Hopefully, after doing a bit of research on your own, you will feel more comfortable making the right choice for your canine. There is no reason for anyone to suffer from stress and anxiety if there is a natural, safe component that can help.
Whether your cat is getting older and not moving around as well making travel uncomfortable, or you have a younger cat that suffers from anxiety during a loud experience or when you leave them alone; Try CBD products for pets to see if it can make a difference in your cat. If you are still unsure about using CBD to help make your cats travel experience more peaceful take a look at our full article about the benefits of CBD
CBD For Travel Stress And More
More and more pet owners today are realizing that synthetic drugs are not the only way to treat animals prone to stress from travel.
- This substance is found in cannabis or marijuana. It's not to be confused with THC or tetrahydrocannabinol, which is famous for the "high" in marijuana. CBD Oil for pets is the active ingredient in hemp that doesn't have psychoactive properties. It's more of a relaxation agent.
- CBD helps reduce symptoms of stressful situations, eases anxiety in high strung or nervous pets, supports stable, balanced function of brain and nervous system.
- Your cat can benefit from CBD by taking it on a regular basis, not just for treating stress related to uncomfortable travel. In fact, many families see a dramatic change in their pet's general happiness and stress on a daily basis when used regularly.
- CBD is amazing in helping cats relieve travel stress, and has been found to be extremely helpful in short trips such as visits to the Vet.
Here's What Mindy Had To Say About Our CBD Oil!
Rusty would go nuts when I would leave the house for work! I wanted to send you guys a picture of my couch after he ate half of it! After using the CBD product I was finally able to stop his destruction. Hopefully as he gets older this behavior will fade, but for now, the CBD Oil seems to do the trick. I even give it to him before car rides which he absolutely hates. Thank You Prana Pets!
Mindy C- Atlanta Ga
Check Out These Related Articles!