If you're reading this, it means that National Pet Month is in full swing! And what better way to celebrate our furry (or scaley) friends than by spoiling them rotten? This month, we're giving you the scoop on all the best ways to show your pet some love. From tasty treats to new toys, we've got you covered. Keep reading for more information on how to make National Pet Month special for your four-legged friend!
That’s right, the month of May is National Pet Month in the United States. This whole month is a fun time to celebrate all of the ways our pets pawsitively affect our lives. It’s a time to reflect and enjoy all of the joy, laughter and companionship that our loyal furriends show us every single day.
To celebrate, we have put together a list of things you can do all month long to show your pets how much you love and appreciate them!
Ways to Celebrate National Pet Month
- Take your pet(s) for a walk. It may seem simple, but we know how much our dogs love going for walks with us. They get to be outside, explore different places, enjoy different smells and maybe even make a new friend in the neighborhood!
- Take a trip. If a walk doesn’t seem like enough, try taking a day trip with your pet! There are tons of pet friendly hotels, rentals, beaches and parks all over the country that would be a great way to bond with your pet.
- DIY some new pet toys. A quick Google search will lead to you loads of different DIY toys you can make easily for your pets! This is also a great way to get your kids involved in celebrating their dogs or cats as many of these toys are very simple to make.
- Make your pets a gourmet meal. While feeding your pets overly rich or indulgent foods isn’t a great idea, you can still treat them to a little something special in their food bowl. Maybe your dog would love a few pieces of his favorite chicken mixed in with dinner, or your cat would enjoy some special tuna mixed in with her breakfast!
- Have a photoshoot. We all know pictures of our super cute pets make us smile, but the attention your pets receive while becoming the star of their own photoshoots is also fun for them! It’s a great way to spend time with your pet and make adorable memories together.
- Cool off in the water. While cats may not love the water, a lot of dogs do! With the weather getting warmer, taking your dog to a dog friendly beach or lake is a great way to celebrate them and your bond. Not only will they get to cool off and explore new places, but they will also be getting in some healthy exercise!
- Puzzles and brain teaser games. Keeping your pets active and healthy doesn’t end with their physical bodies. Puzzles and brain teaser games are great ways to keep your pets mentally stimulated as well. There are lots of puzzle games already on the market, but you can also DIY these types of games with things you already have at home!
No matter how you choose to celebrate your pets this month, just know they will be happy with all the extra time they get to spend with you!