Cannabis for Cancer In Dogs
Cannabis contains compounds called Cannabinoids which have many health benefits but, without THC and its Psychoactive effects. There are multiple research studies confirming that CBD (From Cannabis Plant) is helpful in Cancer prevention and treatment.
Cancer Research & Studies with CBD
Cancer cells destroyed themselves and tumors shrunk using cannabidiol(CBD).
- 2012 study showed that animals with carcinogens treated with CBD were significantly less likely to develop colon cancer.
- Multiple published studies have documented CBD and its ability to reduce inflammation, a precursor to Cancer.
- CBD can prevent the development of blood vessels in tumors, by blocking their access to nutrition and starving them.
The National Cancer Institute (NCI) says that CBD may help alleviate cancer symptoms and cancer treatment side effects
CBD Oil as a natural Cancer preventative & treatment can be safely used daily. There are no side-effects, it does not contain psychoactive THC and it can be safely used with Chemo, Radiation, Prednisone or other drugs. Health benefits include pain reduction, relief from stress and anxiety, reduction in inflammation, relief from nausea or vomiting. CBD Oil supports Endocannabinoids which helps keep pets in Homeostasis.
AN OUNCE OF PREVENTION IS WORTH A POUND OF CURE
Whoever told you human food is dangerous for dogs is only half-right. Fatty foods, raisins, onions, and grapes can be dangerous. But there are Cancer-fighting foods that are delicious and healthy that both pets and people can benefit from. Cancer-fighting foods include; broccoli, spinach, green beans, melons, blueberries and apples (no pits they are poisonous) When introducing new foods try a small piece at a time and observe your pets stool over a couple of days.
Tumeric For Cancer In Dogs
Turmeric dates back to 3,000 BC and is one of the most important anti-cancer nutrients studied today.
Curcumin is the yellow pigment extracted from turmeric and is one of three known curcuminoids in turmeric. Curcumin has many anti-cancer and health benefits.
Research & Studies
- Curcumin has also been shown to trigger apoptosis, or programmed cell death, which is the body’s natural and necessary way of ridding itself from damaged cells.
- Curcumin has the ability to kill cancer cells while leaving healthy cells unharmed.
- A 2007 U.S. study using curcumin along with chemotherapy to treat bowel cancer showed that adding curcumin to the diet killed more cancer cells than chemotherapy alone.
- Curcumin helped stop the spread of breast cancer in laboratory animals.
- In countries where people eat turmeric daily at about 100 to 200 mg (roughly 1-2 teaspoons) over long periods of time, research has shown there to be lower rates of certain types of cancer.
- A 2004 study documented that Turmeric is even more effective than some of the best anti-inflammatory prescription drugs that people and dogs use for arthritis.
Over 1,500 published studies have shown curcumin combats cancers of the breast, prostate, liver, colon, lung, pancreas and more. Many of these studies have shown curcumin actually stops cancer cells from dividing. Curcumin in some form is currently being tested in no less than 16 clinical trials on cancer, including prostate, breast, colon, and osteosarcoma.
The American Cancer Society recently revealed that the active ingredient curcumin prevents the development of cancerous growth and stops it from spreading. It can also reduce tumors and can kill cancer cells.
IMPORTANT- If your dog is on any medications, check with your vet before giving them turmeric as it can interact with some medications, including anti-inflammatory, diabetes and chemotherapy drugs.